Friday, March 1, 2013

Codecademy offers project lessons with real APIs

Codecademy's APIs


Working with APIs is becoming a standard aspect of web development. I built a "simple" web app late last year that pulls photos from Instagram and Facebook. Working with their respective APIs was a learning curve I didn't expect. I had to learn about HTTP requests, how to read their documentation, and how to build my own app to accept the information their APIs returned.



I would have killed to have access to the new API lessons on Codecademy at the time. Fortunately for you, they're available now for free, just like all the other coding lessons on Codecademy. With these lessons, you'll learn how to work with APIs from Twitter, YouTube, Evernote, Twilio, NPR, Github, and about a dozen more. I went through a couple recently and found them amazingly clear and helpful.

If you're at the point in your learning plan where you want to get to know some APIs, I highly recommend Codecademy's API lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment