Monday, March 18, 2013

Stop being the Idea Guy

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 1.00.57 PM

Everyone has their reasons for wanting to learn web development. Some want to work as a web developer at a company. Some want to just be up with the times and don't want to be left behind. Some think it will add value to their resume.

For me, I wanted to stop being the Idea Guy. I've always been the Idea Guy; the one that has the ideas but no knowledge of how to build it. I hired developers to build everything for me. Plenty of my ideas have worked out and made money, but I was still always just the Idea Guy.

Learning to build web apps was my way of escaping the monicker of always being the Idea Guy. Why did I want to stop being the Idea Guy? Because having ideas is the least valuable part of building something meaningful. Ideas are cheap. Execution, the ability to make ideas come to life, is where the action is.

No comments:

Post a Comment